("The Motts") was established
in 1852 by H.L. Kinney. The town, 12 miles
from Corpus Christi on the Nueces, in its
bustling prime had a stagecoach inn, a ferry,
a meat-packing plant, a cotton gin, a general
store and one of the largest schools in
Nueces County. The village is still remembered
for the famous bandit raid in 1875, called
the Nuecestown Raid or the Noakes Raid.
It was the home of Thomas J. Noakes, whose
store was burned in the raid. Like Sharpsburg,
Nuecestown lost its businesses and citizens
cemetary is located in Corpus Christi, Texas.
It is one of the original cemetaries in
Corpus Christi. (Formerly known as Nueces
Town) We only caught this one picture there.
was taken at the Old NuecesTown Cemetery.
In the tree to the left there seems to be
a woman hanging.